Serves as a course
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated (1.5 cups shredded carrot)
- 1 Fuji apple, peeled and grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly oil a 9-hole muffin pan
Whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, and ginger.
Add in the grated carrot and apple and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining (dry) ingredients.
Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Fill the muffin holes 3/4 of the way up and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until muffins test clean.